Thursday, July 11, 2013

I can laugh now...

While cleaning the bathroom today I came across a bit of PB, and I laughed out loud. One day in May I had the most frustrating day of parenting so far. Firstly, Dawson used so much toilet paper, and flushed maybe 4 times that he not only clogged but over flowed the toilet. I had to reach my arm through the poo waterfall to turn off the water supply to the toilet. While I began the watery eyed, and hardly able to breath task of bleaching the entire bathroom, I let the kids watch a movie. When I finally finished I thought to myself, " well at least today it can't get worse than that!"
As I made my way down stairs I couldn't understand why it smelled like peanut butter. When I got to the last step I was greeted by this sight.



And then this... (Note the outside toys they pulled into the house)



Then this...






And finally I realized I had already passed this...



The pictures don't do it justice. There was PB EVERYWHERE. PB foot prints all over the stairs and the downstairs. They had painted themselves and after their fun was over had, apparently, tried to wash it off. I haven't shared this yet because I wasn't ready to laugh about it. I have never thought kids making a huge mess was funny on America Funniest Home Videos, and I certainly didn't think this was funny at the time. But several hours and a carpet shampoo later it cleaned up. But every now and again I find and obscure little smear of PB, and can laugh about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment